Sunday, February 1, 2009

It's a boy!!!!!


Welcome James Joseph!
He weighed in at 10lbs. 4oz.
measured 22inches
and made 7 children smile from ear to ear!
I want to thank everyone for your prayers. They were fealt by me and the graces poured onto others too. I prepped for surgery and the anethstesiologist commented on how calm I was and how 'textbook' everything went. The assisting surgeon was a joy to work with and made the whole thing lighter. James' APGAR was 9.9! and we were able to hold him right after surgery
(that's Dad holding James in O.R.)
and nurse in the recovery room (yay)!!!
My niece, Christine and I ended up delivering within 24 hours of each other and her very difficult labor ended in the joyful arrival of a beautiful baby girl named Eve. We were able to room together :) It was fun telling the staff that we were related and the babies were second cousins :0] I don't think that happens very often. It was so nice rooming with someone I knew too.
My 'vacation' went better that I had expected and the kids survived well with Dad, even though Amber kept saying 'mamma, baby, mamma, baby?'.
I think she missed me :(
She's more content now that I'm back and she's why I didn't stay 'till Monday.
Now I need to tell myself to do nothing so that I rest and heal. I hope I listen to myself :)
Happy Birthday James!

2 comments:

Marianne Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on your new baby! He's beautiful!
Blessings,
Marianne(from 4real)

Chari said...

What a little HUNK!

Sweet. sweet baby!

Congrats to your family!

Love & prayers,

Chari