Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Daybook


http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY... December 30, 2008
Outside my window...the sun is shining :) There is a mist in the field across the street. And the ground is frosty. The boys like to go out and see their warm breath in the chill air and hear the crunch of the frozen ground under their feet..
I am thinking...about spending the morning outside so the little ones can get some good outdoor time in.
I am thankful for...the sunshine today. The weather has been too drab lately.
From the kitchen...the last of the ham in my attempt at sweet-n-sour sauce =/. I'm not much of a cook.
I am wearing...some knee-high socks that I bought at the outlet stores when we were shopping for the children's clothes and shoes. They turned out to be a great asset to my winter wardrobe :). Also, a knit, cream skirt that is getting a little tight to go under my growing belly, but is warm, and an olive shirt with a cream sweater.
I am creating...more like repairing...Daniel's jacket, Holly's skirt, And anything else that I can use black thread on :)
I am going...to stay home the rest of the week. At my O.B. appointment yesterday I found out that there is no danger of either previa or accreda so all's good to go as far as the baby is concerned. And Daniel did not have a fracture, but a sprain, so he is back to activities again :)
I am reading...Baby Names for the New Century. I like how it has the origins of names and what they mean. Did you know that the name Jonathen has nothing to do with the name John?
Go figure!
I am hoping...in The Lord...
I am hearing...a snoozing baby and an arguement from the boys outside.
Around the house...the Christmas decorations are up and won't come down untill Epiphany; and the cookies are still hanging in there too :)
One of my favorite things...seeing my boys playing together without fighting. It happens occasionally :)
A few plans for the rest of the week: I still need to organize Holly's room. Otherwise, get as much rest as I can.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...




I just love the Birthday card that Daniel made for Thomas this year!


Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: