Monday, October 27, 2008

The Simple Woman



http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/
FOR TODAY October 27 2008
Outside My Window... The sun is shining and some pretty birds are helping themselves to the puddle in our driveway.
I am thinking... about my MIL in surgery today and praying for her comfort and the doctors success.
I am thankful for...the short duration of the cold/flu that the family just went through.
From the school room... This week I will try to have the boys make their own prayer books with their favorite prayers in them so they have something to "do" while waiting for me to get ready for prayer time on Sundays. Hmmm...there's reading, writing, catechism, and art:)
From the kitchen... I think I'll make grilled cheese for lunch. Of course someone will want me NOT to grill theirs. Oh well, less work for me.
I am wearing... A wonderful dress that my most talented sis in law made for me! She took apart my old maternity dress that I had worn to tatters, found some heavy-weight denim for half price and made me a brand new one using the old one as a pattern. Seeing that decent maternity clothes are hard to come by, I am a very grateful friend and I owe her LOTS of fresh biscuts and cookies! Isn't she sweet:)
I am creating... A harvesty table runner, a Zorro costume complete with a hat sewn on my treadle machine:), and a baby pack that I'm copying from one that I like on the web.
I am going... to try to find some cowboy boots for Charlie at the thrift store.
I am reading... Mariel of Redwall to the boys at night.
I am hoping... that my week is somewhat productive since I had an ill family last week and not much got done.
I am hearing... battle noises that seem to constantly issue forth from my 4yo son, and Peter telling me he's hungry, the usual stuff:)
Around the house... Amber is getting into anything she can and keeping us all busy chasing her!
One of my favorite things... is getting up EARLY and starting the day with a hot cup of tea and bicotti. I got up early today. I guess one out of three isn't too bad:)
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: catch up on my laundry, prepare for all saints day, and be ready with the haloween costumes. Oh, and HAIRCUTTS!!!!!
Here is picture thought I am sharing...I just finished painting Holly's room with puffy clouds and an adorable vine of roses around the ceiling. I just love how it turned out!



Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Chari said...

Oh, Gloria, Holly's room is beautiful! I am so glad you shared! I like your idea of the prayer book. I hope it all went well for your mil. I love your little "baby" on your side bar.....growing quick!

Could you introduce your family to us readers, so I can imagine the names and ages together? I would like that.

Also, I have not forgotten we need to chat.....I will try to remember tomorrow!

God bless,

Chari